12 Days of Great Summer Reads – Cutlass
Larkin Lee is more than a pretty face and fiancé to a powerful man. Her fierce personality is enough to make any pirate want to push her overboard.
But when the King of the Orient comes to Barren with a task—to find the Bloodstone, a powerful gem thought only to exist in legend, Barren sees another opportunity to destroy his enemy. Together, Barren, Larkin and a crew of pirates set off to find the stone, only to discover it caused the death of Barren’s own mother and Larkin’s, too. As his strongest allies turn into his greatest enemies, and the life of the girl he kidnapped becomes more important than he ever dreamed, Barren’s quest for revenge becomes a fight to save the Orient.
Grab your copy:
Ashley was born and raised in Oklahoma, where the wind really does sweep down the plains, and horses and carriages aren’t used as much as she’d like. She has a Bachelor’s in English Writing and a Master’s in Library Science and Information Studies. When Ashley isn’t writing, she’s traveling, working out, or pretending she’s Sherlock Holmes. Her obsession with writing began after reading the Lord of the Rings in the eighth grade. Since then, she’s loved everything Fantasy–resulting in an unhealthy obsession with the ‘geek’ tab on Pinterest, where all things awesome go.
- Writing (of course!) This is obvious. One of my all-time favorite things is writing. I’ve been a writer all my life. It is my identity. When I’m having a bad day, I just go hang out with some characters. They don’t always have bad days, but that’s why I write–to get to the good ones. 🙂
- Books (Reading) – I’m being obvious again! This is part of my bookshelf. Sorry it’s messy. I tend to just stack stuff. But yes, reading, reading, reading. It’s for any day, all day, good and bad!
- My Aladdin (a.k.a my boyfriend) – Yes, he is my prince charming. And when I say Prince Charming, I totally mean it. He leaves sweet notes, and tells me I’m awesome very day.
- Pride and Prejudice – I know I said books earlier, but P&P has to have a category of its own. It is ridiculous how much I love this book, especially recently. I watch the 1995 and 2005 versions of P&P on a regular basis. Why do I love it so much? I guess in some form or fashion, we can all be Elizabeths (or Mr. Darcys). The pics below are from my own copy of P&P!
- Tea & Tea Cups – I LOVE tea. I drink it a lot when I write. I mean one cup after the other. I stopped drinking coffee about two years ago, and well…replaced it. I also love tea cups.
- Travel – I’ve been to Ireland, Peru, Italy, and London and France – in that order. I have always dreamed of traveling, and thankfully, I’ve gotten to do it! There are so many more places I want to go! In 2016, we are returning to London and France to explore more! We also would like to visit Greece!
- Connecting with people who love my books! The feeling I get when I talk or chill with readers is just awesome. I mean, it’s still a surreal feeling and I think it will always be, but I hope I can convey how grateful I am for every message, comment, and download of my book.
- Cooking & Working Out – I know, I’m probably in the minority here. BUT, let me just say, while I don’t always love either of these things, I do them consistently and they always make me feel AMAZING about myself and about my day. Starting a day with a workout, and eating well throughout the day makes me have a better day, I’m convinced.
- Music – I love to write with music, and certain sounds get me into a certain mind set so I can convey the feeling of what I’m writing better (or so I think).
- Purple – I love the color purple. I have purple in my hair, the curtains in my office are purple, I even plan to have purple as a color for my future wedding