A Doorway Back to Forever Book Tour #ADoorwayBacktoForever @LovingtheBook
A Doorway Back to Forever
by Nanette O’Neal
Best friends share everything, right? Unless it’s a secret that could cost them their lives.Robyn and Kit are born with forbidden magic-sense, the power to see and hear beyond Earthly sight and sound. It’s a curse that haunts them, but the girls are strangely drawn to it—could there be more to this power than they’ve been told?
When they spill their secret, it opens a doorway back to Forever—a beautiful realm where magic-sense began. They learn the truth: they have been given a noble gift. It connects them to the Skyborn royalty of this new world. They’ve been summoned back by the forces for good to preserve the kingdom and revive the power where it once flourished—on Earth. It can thrive again, if Robyn and Kit are brave enough to follow.
However, the doorway awakens more than magical fairy-tales. A dark force is unleashed—one that has battled the Skyborn since time began, and it wants the girls dead, the Earth destroyed.
Beyond the doorway is where the adventure begins—trickery, kidnapping, a prison break, rescue teams, sword fights, magical gold-dust, holographic medallions, and singing orbs—but only for those who have the courage to believe.
Nanette O’Neal has had a long time passion for the idea behind the Doorway series, stemming from her faith and her love of story. Her interests have always been strong in various creative endeavors, such as music, martial arts, science fiction and fantasy. Having studied music in college, she made a career of teaching and directing various ensembles in the public and private fields for years. When she decided to tackle writing, she began an intense process of study and research in the craft, through the use of text books, online tutorials, chat and critique groups, as well as various workshops, conferences and retreats. The Doorway series consists of seven novels about faith, courage, and the power within the human soul. She contributes regularly to an inspirational column for a religious website, Ldsblogs.com, and maintains her blog, Nanette O’Neal’s Doorway, found at NanetteONeal.blogspot.com. Feel free to subscribe to her blog posts and to like her author page, Nanette O’Neal, Author, on Facebook. Nanette loves her husband and family, her faith, the mountains, aviation museums, Star Trek, and dogs.
Connect with the Author here:
- Robyn is a twelve-year-old girl with a long black braid/ponytail and glasses. Her next door neighbor who has pet names for all the kids, often calls her “licorice stick” because of her braid, and whenever she thinks deeply about something important, she pushes up her glasses before acting upon her decision. She plays the violin, likes black and white cookies, and loves the marigolds in her neighbor’s flower garden. Robyn’s father travels a lot, her mother doesn’t treat her well, but her brother is kind and makes up for it. She also has a little sister who likes to interrupt her privacy. Robyn once had a spectacular imagination, but she learned it could cost her life. She became a loner because of the secret she protects—she has “magic-sense,” the forbidden power to see and hear beyond earthly sight and sound. She remains a loner because of it. That is, until she meets Kit.
- Kit is a spunky new girl in town, same age as Robyn, who has bouncy strawberry-blonde hair. She plays the cello and needs a new friend. She loves to eaves-drop on her parents, especially lately because she suspects her family had fled their former town because of magic, but she can’t prove it. Ever since she found an old book about magic in the attic, she’s been hearing strange voices when no one is around. She suspects she has magic-sense, but she doesn’t dare tell anyone. It would freak out her parents who she’s overheard arguing about magic, and her little sister and brother might face danger if they knew. But her new friend, Robyn, might be a good person to confide in.
- Cam is Robyn’s older brother. He has black wavy hair, he’s lean, short for his age, and he protects Robyn when he can. Whenever he says something cute or funny, he bounces his eyebrows at Robyn—always twice. He’s a sophomore in high school, plays football, and spends a lot of time at practice. He is a born leader, but his humility makes him easy to get along with. He would be a great person for Robyn to confide in, because he knows more than she realizes.
- Mr. Fischer is the neighborhood watchman. He’s a seventy-seven year old veteran who has a full head of white hair under his baseball cap. He has three dogs—a German Shepherd, husky, and a spaniel, that often take him for walks and like to give the neighborhood kids face-washings. He wears a medal from the war, tucked under his t-shirt, and he is very protective of the old-timers in town. He tends his flower garden with giant African marigolds, alternating yellow and orange, and he knows how to stand up for his heritage even when the local police detective tries to give the neighborhood baker a hard time. He remembers the days when magic flourished on earth, but he dares not speak about it, for fear of getting arrested.
- Prince Calemir is the son of King Barsoum and Queen Elise, who live beyond the doorway in the Kingdom of Forever. The royal family is of the Skyborn people who live beyond the doorway, charged to bring people to remembrance of this world. Prince Calemir is the picture of goodness and hope. He has a strong chin, shoulder length hair, and eyes that dance with all the colors of the rainbow when he smiles. He wears his trousers tucked in his boots, a billowy shirt, a sash, and a sword. His cloak is like no other garment—it is white, yet deep in the folds are threads of gold, silver, and all colors in the spectrum that glisten and shine as he moves. They flash in and out of sight when the cloak is moving, then disappear to white when it is still. He rules over the Kingdom of the Morning, and he hopes to unite the kingdom of Midnight again with Forever.
- Sylvare, Lord Midnight, is the vilest of villains. He is the opposite of Prince Calemir in manner and appearance. His hair is short and jagged, his eyes sunken, and he has a scar that stretches from one eye down to his jawline. He wears a dark cloak which hides the weapons and potions that are belted around his waist. He would not hesitate to destroy his own followers, and he uses fear to intimidate them. He was banished to live in the desolate realm of Midnight after losing a battle with the royal family. Since then he has looked for Bloodborn recruits to join his cause. He has a threefold desire—destroy Prince Calemir, take over the Kingdom of the Morning and all other lands, and find the family that caused his banishment back in the Before-Time.
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page