December 16 2017
Author Cindy C. Bennett – Christmas Countdown Blitz, Day 6 @cinbennett
Bennett lives a most unglamorous life in the beautiful state of Utah. She is the author of several YA books in many subgenres. She’s the mom of two daughters, two sons, two daughters-in-law, a son-in-law, four grandbabies, and a dog. She loves gooey cookies, dark chocolate, and cheesy popcorn. She hates housework and cooking, and has no plans to become a domestic goddess. Her favorite pastime—other than writing—is riding her Harley.
Connect with the Author here:
Banished from the South Pole, Kara tries to carve out a new life among the elves of the North. It’s not easy with a secret to protect—a secret she’s cursed with by the unusual circumstances of her heritage: half-elf, half-fairy. In the North, she’s assigned to work with Seb on a special project. He’s the most gorgeous elf she’s ever seen—and the orneriest.
As if being banished wasn’t punishment enough.
Seb introduces her to Trystin, a fairy from the nearby fairy forest. Trystin discerns her secret right away and promises to teach her how to use the powers given to her by the very thing she’s fighting to keep hidden.
Top Ten List:
- Doug—not the cartoon character, but the man I love. He’s what I look forward to the most each day.
- My family—I can’t imagine my life without these people who mean the world to me.
- My dog, Phoebe—she’s always over-the-moon happy to see me, and loves me no matter what.
- My friends—I am lucky enough (and smart enough) to have amassed a collection of really fun, sweet,
supportive, loving friends. (This includes my writing group, The Wigz.)
- Old-time movies and radio shows—currently I’ve been listening to the old Jack Benny show. J-E-L-L-O!
- Dark chocolate—I even pretend it’s healthy for me.
- Indian food—particularly from a local restaurant called Bombay House. It’s the bomb (haha).
- Thai coconut soup—with chicken and lemongrass, I actually crave this on a regular basis.
- Hot chocolate—particularly from Beans and Brews, made with almond milk. Also, my own copycat recipe. (I also just noticed there’s a lot of food on this list.
- Writing. That goes without saying, right? I love creating characters and worlds that I can immerse myself
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page
Thank you for visiting ROOM WITH BOOKS!