Brannon, M.S.: Blind Love
“She is magnetic to me. Every emotion she feels pulls me that much closer to her charm and energy. For reasons unbeknownst to me, I want her to know what she means to me.” ~ Jake Evans
For Jake Evans, life was as it should be. No responsibilities. He was the master at embracing his reckless lifestyle whenever it presented itself. Surviving on his ability to expertly hustle, fight and womanize, Jake could do it all; lived it all.
Raised in a rundown city, filled with crime and drugs, he had survived the death of an abusive mother and a life with an absent father while only having his brothers to depend on. His lifestyle became fast and Jake had lived it the only way he knew how, until the day he met Delilah.
Delilah St. James was the epitome of flawless. Brought up in an affluent southern household, Delilah’s life had been planned from the moment she was born. She was raised to be the perfect socialite and daughter, and groomed to be the ideal wife. When a school internship moved her to Sulfur Heights for the summer, Delilah collided with the bitter reality of life outside her comfortable gated community when Jake Evans upset her perfect world.
Over the next two years, Jake and Delilah became best friends, embracing a friendship neither one was prepared to have, although they soon found it to be a relationship that neither one of them were willing to sacrifice.
A tragic turn of events brings Jake and Delilah together once again. Only this time, the feelings are different. Lines within their friendship are blurred. Everything they vowed never to do, become the very thing they cannot deny. Will Jake and Delilah’s relationship withstand the changes surrounding them? Or will the emotions sever the two year friendship they’d fought so hard to keep?
She’s standing behind me, pleading with me to take her with me and I will. I will take her away from here and back home with me. She only needs to say the words. “Please… understand.”
“Understand what, exactly? I never really believed you were weak until I came here and watched what you become when you’re around them. This,” I motion to her dress and pristine hair, “is not you. This is the you they expect you to be.”
“I’m sorry you feel that way, Jake, but this is where I need to be.” And just like that, she makes her decision and it cuts like a fucking knife to my heart. I’ve been gutted and exposed from her words. It pisses me off. “Please, I still want to be friends.”
“Why? What’s the point?” I step from her and pull open the front door. With all the anger I have, I slam it hard then walk down the driveway and out to the street. ~ Jake Evans, Blind Love
2. “All American Nightmare” by Hinder
3. “The Boys Are Back In Town” by Thin Lizzy
4. “Addicted” by Saving Abel
5. “Bad Romance” by Lissie
6. “Be Mine” by Alabama Shakes
7. “Blame It On The Boom Boom” by Black Stone Cherry
8. “Count Me In” by Early Winters
9. “Love/Hate/Love” by Alice in Chains
10. “The One That Got Away” by The Civil Wars
11. “Shattered” by Remy Zero
12. “Sideways” by Citizen Cope
13. “Southern Nights” by Cititzen Cope
14. “The Kill” by Thirty Seconds to Mars
15. “Welcome To The Jungle” by Guns N’ Roses
16. “Just Tonight” by The Pretty Reckless
17. “Sorry For It All” by Dead Sara
18. “Face To Face” by Dead Sara
19. “Kiss Me” by Ed Sheeran
20. “The Outlaw Torn” by Metallica
21. “I Want To Believe You” by Lori Carson & Paul Haslinger
22. “Hold On You” by Ponderosa
23. “Heartbreaker” by Alabama Shakes
24. “If You Only Knew” by Shinedown
25. “The End” by Kings of Leon
26. “Die For You” by Black Stone Cherry
27. “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke
28. “A Beautiful Lie” by Thirty Seconds To Mars
29. “The Best Thing That You Never Had” by Butch Walker
30. “Hesitate” by Stone Sour
M.S. Brannon was born and raised in the Midwest. She still resides there today with her wonderful husband and son. When she is not writing or reading, M.S. Brannon spends time with her family, watching movies, and discovering new music. She writes romance because she believes love and heartache is the rawest emotion one can experience.
Would you like to meet M.S. Brannon? Well, she’ll be at the TN Author Event on July 12th and the Houston BookRave on November 15th. You’ll find M.S. Brannon and a whole list of fantastic Authors as these signings!