When he’s not writing, he has a large family to love, gardens to grow, fun places to see, ancestors to discover, and even chickens to raise! He also has a full-time job that occupies the bulk of his waking hours. Though still a few years off, retirement beckons with aspirations of writing (with all the fun imagining and discovery that goes with it) becoming his full-time pursuit.
Eleazar grows up awash in a culture of shepherding, but not among ordinary sheep. No, the flocks he and his companions tend are destined for sacrifice on the altar of the great temple at Jerusalem. Like his fathers before him, his life’s work fuels the faith of a nation that tirelessly awaits the signs of their long-foretold Messiah. But unforeseen circumstances lead Eleazar away from his purposeful existence and onto a path of doubt and life-altering decisions that threaten to destroy both his faith and his future. Only the miraculous power of the Christ Child can reclaim him and restore to him to a life of hope and peace—and to an understanding of his importance as a shepherd in Israel.
Lost Shepherd is a tale of real hope and redemption, of faith lost and reclaimed. Let the story transport you back in time as you discover anew the timeless healing power found only in the Savior Jesus Christ.
Top Ten List:
1. I’ve been a professional business writer for more than 30 years. Lost Shepherd is my first published work of fiction.
2. I have plans to make writing books a full-time pursuit in retirement.
3. I was an avid runner and ran competitively at the high school and NCAA Division 1 levels (800m, 1500m, cross country)
4. I am an amateur genealogist and love learning about my ancestors.
5. I am an avid gardener and grow more than 50 different varieties of fruits and vegetables each year.
6. i am raising chickens this year for the first time and enjoying many eggs, and the compost they produce for my garden.
7. I am a father of five and grandfather of 9 (so far).
8. I was raised in Northern California and now live in the Rocky Mountains, where I enjoy mountain biking and hiking.
9. I love Christmas and usually start listening to Christmas music soon after Halloween.
10. I am married to the most wonderful woman in the world! (35 years and counting).