Parents to four wonderful children, Jerry and Stephanie Jaeger enjoy working together as J.S. Jaeger to write uplifting, entertaining stories.
Jerry overcame bullying to earn his black belt in Kempo Karate. He served as a special agent for the FBI and currently works as a prosecutor.
Stephanie ran her own accounting practice for several years before turning her focus to writing Scrolls of Zndaria with Jerry.
Together, they are excited to bring readers of all ages into the magical world of Zndaria.
Denya’s excited to attend the Healing Hands Academy. It’s her chance to become a handmaiden, help others, and live a life of adventure.
But studying at the Academy isn’t everything she’d hoped. The headmistress and many of the students still look down on human handmaidens. It seems as quickly as she makes friends, she has to say goodbye. And just as she starts gaining acceptance, she puts the other students in danger.
Is Denya’s determination enough to see her through, or will she be sent home, back to the peasant life she’s trying to escape?
The second Short Scroll of Zndaria, Healing Hands parallels The Golden Wizard and allows readers to see the magical world of Zndaria through Denya’s eyes. Readers will be reunited with favorite characters from the main series as well as experience life in the Redwood Forest.
Buy this book today to get a glimpse into the world of Zndaria or delve deeper into the journey that began in The Golden Wizard!
Top Ten List:
1) J.S. Jaeger is a pen name for husband and wife team Jerry and Stephanie Jaeger.
2) Jerry is the creative mind behind the world of Zndaria. He puts the story on paper, and then Stephanie reworks it.
3) Our children (ages 9 – 21) play a big part in our writing process. The personalities of several characters are patterned after our children. Our older children are also part of our editing and sales team.
4) Our illustrator has worked on lots of shows for Disney, including Mary Poppins Returns.
5) Jerry is an attorney. Stephanie is an accountant. We hadn’t considered writing books until Jerry began envisioning the world of Zndaria.
6) Jerry first wanted to call their world Andaria. A quick internet search showed that name was already overused. We went through the alphabet for something that rhymed with Andaria and sounded cool. We got all the way to Z before finding our winner.
7) The first page of each of our chapters has about 8 lines. We challenge people to read the first page of our books to see if they want to keep reading. Almost everyone turns the page.
8) We met the narrator for our audiobook, RJ Walker, when he stopped by our booth at the Salt Lake FanX Convention. He read the first page of The Golden Wizard in his narrator voice, and we knew he’d do a great job.
9) Stephanie loves doing author visits at schools. She’s visited an international school in China and a military elementary school in Japan.
10) We once autographed a book to “Mr. Illiterate.”