Lunsford, Taylor M.: Need You Now, Love in Unknown Series Book One
Love in Unknown Series
by Taylor M. Lunsford
My first three novels will be released through Naked Reader Press in 2013, along with a short story, as part of the Love In Unknown series. I’m excited to introduce readers to the small (fictional) town in Texas called Unknown. Located in the Texas Hill Country, Unknown was founded by the Maddox Family in the 1800s.
My Love In Unknown series starts off with the story of sexy mayor Caine Maddox and the new town doctor – and Caine’s college sweetheart- Melody Carr. Sparks fly between these two as Caine fights to convince Mel he’s no longer the selfish playboy he was in college while Mel struggles to convince the people of her hometown that she’s there to stay.
Next up, we meet Mel’s yummy brother Micah, the town baker and newcomer Cady Saunders, a runaway bride who steals Micah’s heart.
Finally, we get to know Caine’s brother Gage, the big bad police chief of Unknown who finds himself falling for fashion designer Tessa Styles and the cute little baggage she brings along with her.
NEED YOU NOW
By the time Caine lifted him out of the truck in front of the hospital, Teddy’s face was pasty white and drenched with sweat. Even though Caine knew from experience the poor kid had to be in a lot of pain, he was impressed at how stoic Teddy remained. No crying, no moaning. The only sound he made came when he got out of the truck.
Leading the boy into the Emergency entrance, Caine looked around for a doctor. The county hospital was small. Doctors from the four small towns in the area took turns staffing the emergency room while three full-time doctors took care of the long-term patients. Eyes lighting on a white coat, Caine started to usher Teddy forward.
“Excuse me? My friend here had a bit of an accident and I—” Caine stopped in his tracks as the doctor turned around. He hadn’t registered the long, chestnut-colored ponytail before, and the coat concealed the body he used to know better than his own. Big hazel eyes blinked up at him, looking just as surprised as he felt. Melody Carr.
This was not how he’d pictured their reunion.
It is my pleasure to interview Taylor M. Lunsford, author of Need You Now, Book One of the Love in Unknown Series. Welcome to Room With Books. First let me give you a little background on Taylor.
Taylor is a hopeless romantic who spends her days working for a great company and her nights/weekends doing the job of her heart. A devout follower of the Jane Austen school of thought, she’ll put her characters through a little trouble, but they’ll eventually have their happily ever after. She’s still searching for her prince charming, but she knows he’s out there, so she’ll content herself with fictional ones for now.
1. Tell me a little about your Love In Unknown Series and what inspired you to write it? Love in Unknown is a series about three friends who need some strong women to capture their hearts. It’s set in a small town in the Texas Hill Country loosely based on where I went to college. I’ve been living with these characters so long it’s hard to pinpoint the exact inspiration. My mentor challenged me to write a romantic suspense novel and these three grew from that.
2. When you start writing do you have the story outlined or do your characters dictate what will happen? I start with an outline, but how extensive it is varies from book to book. For books one and three of this series, I had every scene mapped out before I began. Book two (which was written first) would only reveal itself in small chunks.
3. Have you ever had arguments with your characters and who usually wins? I often have arguments with characters although I think Gage and Tessa from the short story and book three in the series are the most vocal and argumentative characters I’ve dealt with. It’s probably because they were stuck in my head the longest. Six months of them screaming at me to be written led to a lot of arguments.
4. What is one thing about you your readers would be surprised to know? Hmm…well, anyone who follows me on Twitter knows I’m a huge nerd. History—British history in particular—is one of my major passions. I also love superheroes and sci-fi. I especially love fairy tales (Once Upon a Time and it’s spin-off are some of my favorite shows on TV right now).
5. If you could write with any other author who would it be any why? Write with? Eek, that’s hard. Writers are such independent creatures. We don’t necessarily play well with others. That said, I’ve always loved Eloisa James (she’s a sweetheart in person). Writing with her would be fun and a fabulous learning opportunity.
6. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? When I was really little I wanted to be an ice skater like Nancy Kerrigan or a trapeze artist like Holly in The Greatest Show on Earth (the worst movie to ever when an Oscar for Best Picture). Then I wanted to be a lawyer like my aunt.
7. When did you decide to write and what prompted you to start? To write professionally? It was between my freshman and sophomore year in college. I’m not sure what clicked the switch, but I started to write would eventually become my first novel that summer.
8. What music inspires your writing? That all depends on the book. For this series, anything country was a trigger, but especially Lady Antebellum and Gloriana. My current work-in-progress demands Maroon 5 or Josh Groban (weird, I know).
What is your favorite breakfast? I’m not big on breakfast but I love eggs benedict.
What is your favorite color? Probably blue.
What is your favorite movie? Mean question. If I have to pick, I’d say Love Actually.
What is your dream car (details please)? While I love my car now, I’d die if I could have Caine’s car from Need You Now. It’s James Bond’s car (Aston Martin DB5).
How can our readers find you?
Taylor will be awarding a $25.00 Amazon Gift Card to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour.
You are encouraged to follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found by clicking the tour banner below: