Not So Silent Night Blog Tour @Sher_V @_BookMistress
Not So Silent Night
By Sheri Velarde
Another lonely Christmas approaches for Anna and her life of penance—until an otherworldly distraction appears and changes her life.
Anna is a lonely woman, running her dead grandmother’s flower shop. She hates Christmas and could not feel more lost when a handsome and mysterious Russian, Alexander, walks into her shop and her life. Each has secrets that they are harboring. Just as their passion erupts, the good old boys in town threaten to ruin everything. Getting to know each other is tough for most couples, adding in magic does not make it any easier. Now with a pack of werewolves out to destroy them, things become intense. They find themselves in a fight for their lives. Can their newfound love give them the strength to win against this threat and trust in the future?
She had almost finished cleaning up in back when she heard the bell on the door ring less than five minutes before closing. “Seriously? Can’t people let me get out of here on time just one damn night?” she muttered to herself as she stormed toward the front so she could wait on her customer and then get the hell out of the store.
Anna whipped around the corner in a huff, not caring if she scared the latecomer away. She stopped in her tracks and almost forgot what had pissed her off when she saw the customer in question. The most breathtaking back view of a man she had ever seen stood just inside the doorway, and her brain stopped working for the moment. Wow, who knew broad shoulders and a great rear could stop a woman in her tracks? While she gawked like an idiot, the man turned around and proved to be even more distracting from the front. This guy was like a wall of muscle, perfect body attached to a very masculine and handsome face with the deepest blue eyes Anna had ever seen.
“Sorry, I know you are about to close, but I need a gift of flowers,” he said when he saw Anna. He had a very thick eastern European accent that she thought might be Russian, which of course only made him hotter. She noticed his eyes taking her in, and she couldn’t help but stand a little straighter, showing her curves off to her advantage while she absentmindedly ran her fingers through her long, wavy, raven hair, which most men seemed to love.
It took Anna’s brain a few moments to catch up before she could speak. Her previous anger and frustration vanished, replaced by eagerness to help this particular customer. “No problem at all. Do you have an idea of what kind of gift you are looking for? Is this for your girlfriend or wife?” Anna held her breath as she waited for this mystery man to answer, a bit annoyed with herself that she cared so much about what he might say.
Fun Facts About Not So Silent Night and its author Sheri Velarde
- Anna’s best friends Kevin and Rachel are based on two of my friends of the same names. Rachel helped me choose the perfect setting for Not So Silent Night and she and Kevin are some of the most supportive people ever! And they would totally make fun of me like the characters in the book tease Anna.
- For some reason I tend to give certain supernatural being certain nationalities. Werebears are Russian, werewolves are American, vampires are French. My mind is a very weird place.
- I can indeed speak Russian and even spent three months in Russia a few years ago. I love the Russian culture.
- The idea for Not So Silent Night came from my own loneliness surrounding the holidays. It has gotten better since I met my now husband and this year I am looking forward to spending the holidays with my almost 1 year old twin nieces.
- If I could shapeshift into any animal I would want to be a powerful bird like a hawk or eagle. I want to be able to fly.
- My love for the supernatural started at a young age with the children’s book Bunnicula. It’s about a “vampire” rabbit that “drains” all the vegetables in a garden.
- Not So Silent Night is the first book to be released on the newly former Stoker Publishing, a company started by my husband and I.
- I used to write under the name Kelly Ryan, two names taken of people who encouraged me to finally start submitting my stories and to get published.
- I didn’t set out to be a romance author. I just started writing mostly paranormal stories but all of them seemed to have romance in them. I guess I am just a romantic at heart!
- I have a deep fascination with things that might not really exist and fancy myself an amateur cryptozoologist. I personally really like to search for lake monsters. Of course that could be because I live in the desert and look for any excuse to visit the water.
About the Author
Sheri Velarde, lives in New Mexico with her husband and their two dogs.
Being an avid reader since an early age, she has wanted to be a writer for as long as she can remember. She has been writing all her life, but only recently started to actually try to pursue her dream of writing for a living. She specializes in all things paranormal and that go bump in the night. Her heart truly lies in exploring unknown worlds or adding the supernatural to our world. If it goes bump in the night or has magical connotations, Sheri writes about it.
She is constantly putting out new material with various publishers, so it is best to keep up with her on her website www.sherivelarde.weebly.com.
In her spare time Sheri is an artist, jewelry designer, independent comic writer/artist and freelance non-fiction writer. Hiking in the mountains, going to live concerts, art openings, museums, and hosting intimate dinner parties.
Connect With the Author