SERVIE’S SONG by Heidi Tucker Book Blitz @heidi_tucker_
Heidi Tucker won the 2017 Illumination Award for her first inspirational book Finding Hope in the Journey and her newest release is entitled Servie’s Song. Her passion for writing and speaking about light and hope has inspired thousands. Heidi is known as a great storyteller who motivates us to rise up and find new strength. She teaches how to recognize truth and make a difference.
When Heidi isn’t writing her next book, or speaking at a conference, you’ll find her spending time outdoors with her husband, four grown children and eight grandchildren. She loves sunflowers, hiking, and ice cream … not necessarily in that order.
Find out more about Heidi at ThePickledSunflower.com
Connect with the Author here:
The true story of one mother living in Zimbabwe, Africa who encounters a devastating loss leaving her unable to care for six children. In a heart-wrenching sacrifice she surrenders to a desperate plan to leave her children and find work in the United States. It is a door which feels impossible to walk through. But perhaps, the only door which holds any promise.
Servie’s Song takes you on an emotional journey of tragedy and heartbreak to an inspiring path of hope. This touching story is complemented by gospel principles which will teach and motivate you to grab onto your faith and move forward trusting that you are never alone. God always hears your prayers.
Top Ten List
1. I love to hike. Hiking keeps me emotionally healthy. It is a space to clear my mind and organize my thoughts, whether that be prayerful meditation or reflection on future writings. I’ve gathered so many thoughts during those hikes. I often speak those thoughts into my phone and then write them up as soon as I get home to my computer.
2. My favorite flower – the sunflower. I love everything about it. Their bright yellow color is happy. They turn their heads in the direction of sunlight – always looking for the light. There’s a message in that.
3. I love true stories. I have a quote next to my computer that reads – A good story can not only teach an important principle, but make us feel it. That is true for me and for so many others. Life teaches us so many lessons and I see them. I think that’s why I write nonfiction inspirational.
4. I hate snakes. Then why do I live in the Arizona desert? Ha! I’m on high alert when walking on my property or when I hike because I’ve had many close encounters with rattlesnakes. I never let my boy have a pet snake in the house. No amount of begging would work. Absolutely not.
5. I have eight grandchildren. My four children are all grown and married, and I am best friends with all of them. But there’s something beautiful about this new grandma role. No worries or discipline or stress about their futures. I just love them fiercely.
6. Best dessert – ice cream. I can turn down a number of great desserts, but ice cream is always a definite yes.
7. I love teenagers. I have volunteered with youth groups my entire life. I admire and respect where they are in their life. They are like sponges. Soaking up everything and trying to figure out who they really are. I always see their potential.
8. No glossophobia here (fear of public speaking). One of the best perks of writing and publishing books is the opportunity I get to speak about it. I love presenting messages that I am passionate about. When I speak at various events, I always meet individuals who were touched by something that I said. That makes all the hard work and time worth it.
9. I do some of my best writing in the middle of the night. Why now? That’s what I say to myself when great ideas strike at 2:00 a.m. I’m known to sneak out of bed and onto my computer at all hours of the night. There is something about the dark and the quiet that allows creativity to flow.
10. I married my high school sweetheart. And yes, we’re still married 37 years later. When I pull out those pictures of us from high school, it’s entertainment for the whole family!
YouTube Trailer For Servie’s Song
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page