Smith, Angela: Final Mend
About the Book
A recovering alcoholic, Jake Inman has found a new, healthier addiction: training for his successful triathlon career. But when his manager is murdered and beloved goddaughter kidnapped, another obsession takes hold: doing whatever it takes to find Brandon’s killer and keep Amy safe. Jake turns to a private investigator for help in solving the case, and though he finds temptation in her whiskey-colored eyes, he knows he must resist his attraction, or risk losing his heart.
After a devastating case, Winona Wall has turned her back on her skills as a private investigator, preferring a quiet life as a part-time bartender. That is, until Jake storms into the bar, demanding her help in tracking his missing godchild. Unable to resist Jake’s charm, she reluctantly agrees. But even after Amy is found unharmed, Jake insists Amy’s mother was more involved with her kidnapping than the police suspect. When the situation takes a turn for the worse, Winona must trust her instincts in order to save them all – and avoid falling in love.
Book Trailer – http://youtu.be/XitSokLHmDc
About the Author
10 Things Readers Don’t Know About You
- I love animals. Some of Winona’s humanitarian efforts in Final Mend come from my own love of animals.
- I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when I was nine years old.
- As an author, I’m constantly discovering new interests for my characters. Sometimes those interests don’t make it to the story, but it’s always so much fun when they do! Many of those interests are interests I share. For instance, brothers Garret and Chayton love off-roading in their Jeeps, and that’s a huge hobby of mine.
- On June 25, my husband and I will celebrate our twenty year anniversary.
- I have been writing for years, and I work full time as a certified paralegal and in managing a district attorney office. I manage my writing and other activities around that. In August, I would have been there for sixteen years, but my boss has only known about my writing for one year.
- I love creating characters, character sketches, and character collages. I create a digital collage for each character, and those are printed and put into a large scrapbook.
- I published years ago under a pseudonym, but stopped because of my career. Now, I’m relentlessly pursuing republishing those stories, among many more!
- I have an infatuation with maps. I have a box full of maps of almost every state and some countries. My heart melts at the sight of a framed map, especially old ones.
- I love vinyl records and enjoy listening to them. My husband received hundreds when his mom died, so we have a huge collection.
- No matter how hard I try, I can’t wink, whistle, or snap. I think I can snap, but my husband laughs at my attempt.
During her senior year in high school, Angela Smith was dubbed most likely to write a novel, and that has been her dream ever since her mother read ‘Brer Rabbit’ to her and her sister so often that they were able to recite it back to each other before they learned to read. Ever since then, she hasn’t stopped reading or writing. A certified paralegal, work gives her perfect fodder for her romantic suspense stories. When not caring for her small farm or spending time with her husband of two decades, she enjoys creating, reading, and dreaming of the places she’ll visit one day.
Website – http://www.loveisamystery.com
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/authorangelasmith
Twitter – http://twitter.com/angelaswriter
Giveaway of Paperback or Ebook of FINAL MEND