Sterling, H.K.: A Taste for Danger, Chasing the Taste Book 2
Still licking his wounds over blowing it with Carolyn Woods, the love of his life, Jack Heart drinks to excess daily. His apartment is in shambles, he’s isolated himself from all his friends, and he stumbles to the couch every night to sleep off an alcoholic stupor. All that changes when he receives a phone call with a job offer from a man he barely knew.
Suddenly, Jack must track down an embezzler inside a swanky corporation riff with politics, game-playing, and treachery. The deeper Jack goes, the more dirt he finds. Can this out-of-place detective survive and still crack the case? Not to mention certain women he works with have plans for Jack—way more than he bargained for.
One thing is certain: Jack’s taste for danger will take him to the edge of disaster.
- H.K. loves Doctor Who.
- H.K. once bungee jumped to celebrate a birthday. The second time H.K. dove off backwards.
- H.K. holds a Bachelor and Master’s Degree.
- H.K. once interviewed a former Major General in the KGB.
- H.K. has been to South America.
- H.K. has also been to Mexico, Canada, and Kauai.
- The day after getting a Master’s Degree, H.K. loaded up furniture and drove across the country to move to California. H.K. did this with no job waiting and $2000. H.K. was kind of stupid when younger. 😉
- H.K. decided where to live in California by driving down the coastline. At some point H.K. realized that Mexico was an upcoming exit. Whoops. So H.K. took the next exit which happened to be Sea World. Therefore H.K. randomly settled in San Diego. Okay, H.K. might have been really stupid when younger. Or reckless. Take your pick.
- H.K. once lived in a commune.
- H.K. now lives on the East Coast of the U.S.
- H.K. is married.
- H.K. waited a long time to get married as H.K. didn’t want to be tied down.
- H.K. has been keeping a dream diary since 1982.
- Holy Crap, H.K. is OLD………ISH (Shhh! Don’t tell anyone!)
- H.K. has an alternate pen name that writes poetry, literary, new adult and co-founded an online magazine. (Shhh! Don’t tell anyone!) No, actually, it’s not a secret. 🙂
- H.K. worked as a Social Worker for a number of years.
- H.K. also volunteered at a women’s domestic violence shelter and a free medical clinic at different times.
- H.K. loves the videos that have started showing up of animal rescues from Hope For Paws, an animal rescue organization. See a couple of them here: ♥ http://youtu.be/sr_yVhfBXX4 ♥ http://youtu.be/xhLriN3nBdE. They have beautiful endings, I promise. That’s what is so special; seeing the before and after is amazing. H.K. would like to support the organization. Here is the link to their website if you want to know more: ♥ http://www.hopeforpaws.org/
- H.K.’s favorite food is Mexican. However, like most writers, chocolate is a writing requirement.
- H.K.’s current favorite songs are:
- Counting Stars- One Republic http://youtu.be/hT_nvWreIhg
- Say Something Cover- Pentatonix http://youtu.be/0dYlvdLdK9w
- Sing- Ed Sheeran http://youtu.be/RAygWSA_e_k
- Human- Christina Perri http://youtu.be/r5yaoMjaAmE
- Stars- Grace Potter and the Nocturnals http://youtu.be/54DMWdzROH0
- Love Don’t Die- The Fray http://youtu.be/WptxUWvrINQ
- Happy- Pharrell Williams Pharrell Williams – Happy (Official Music Video) – YouTube
- Same Love- Mary Lambert http://youtu.be/NhqH-r7Xj0E
- Headphones- Matt Nathanson Headphones (feat. LOLO) [AUDIO …
- Impossible- Shontelle http://youtu.be/NWdrO4BoCu8
- Holy Grail- Jay Z Feat. Justin Timberlake http://youtu.be/6AIdXisPqHc
- A Taste For Danger is part of the “Chasing The Taste” series. The first book in the series was called A Taste For Killing.
- All the books in the series focus on one or the other of two main heroes, Carolyn Woods and Jack Heart. A Taste For Killing is told from Carolyn’s point of view. A Taste For Danger is told from Jack’s point of view. Each book can also be read as a stand-alone.
- Carolyn and Jack are both independent detectives who sometimes cooperate and other times compete with one another.
- All the books in the “Chasing The Taste” series are about characters, both good and bad who are chasing something they feel they are missing. This might be money or fame or more nebulous things such as love or self- esteem.
- A Taste For Killing takes place around the construction trade.
- A Taste For Danger takes place in the arena of large corporations.
- Both Jack and Carolyn have very healthy sexual appetites. But is it with each other? You have to read the books to find out.
- Both books take place in a large city. Maybe New York? ; )
- Romance is not far away from Carolyn and Jack in both books, in several directions!
- The author of A Taste For Danger and the “Chasing The Taste” series also wrote a short “Flirt” for Breathless Press called Eyes Only. That book was about the area of clandestine operations.
- With H.K. Sterling’s penchant for mystery and suspense, you probably haven’t heard the last from Jack or Carolyn!
Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/author/hksterling