Arabella Sheraton grew up on a diet of Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, and many other writers of that period. From Jane Austen to Georgette Heyer, Arabella has found both enjoyment and inspiration in sparkling, witty Regency novels. She also loves history and generally finds the past more fascinating than the future. Arabella wrote her first Regency romance to entertain her aged mom who loved the genre. Arabella is honoured to share the adventures of her heroes and heroines with readers.
1. Arabella Sheraton is a pseudonym but if I tell anyone who I really am, I’ll have to kill them…
2. The image I use for Arabella is a portrait my grandmother painted many years ago of her best friend. It seemed a fitting tribute to my wonderful grandmother and her friendship.
3. I love anything olde worlde, which means that since I write in the genre of Regency romance, perhaps I lived once upon a time in Jane Austen’s era. Who knows? I like to think so.
4. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite Austen book and book to series adaptation. I just love Mr. Darcy, even when he is acting like a starched shirt.
5. I have always loved reading romances set in the Regency era, and I think that has a lot to do with the fact that apart from my mom having all the Austen books, she was also an avid Georgette Heyer fan, and as a result, so am I.
6. I am never short of ideas for a Regency novel and sometimes a title just pops into my head and from that comes a book.
7. I wrote my first Regency romance to entertain my aged mom, now passed on, who loved the genre.
8. I generally find the past more fascinating than the present.
9. My second favourite book to series adaptation is North and South starring the divinely sexy Richard Armitage.
10. I can’t start the day without a pot of English tea to get me going.