Title: A Beautiful Thought
Author: Alicia Rae
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Publish Date: July 14th 2014
Cover Design: Okay Creation Sarah Hansen
As a physical sports therapist, Gail Bennett is accustomed to working with gorgeous athletes every day, but after falling for a few of these attractive men, she has been left heartbroken one too many times. When Gail’s hours at work are unexpectedly cut, she must find a way to continue helping her parents pay for her sister’s education. Reluctantly following her best friend’s advice, Gail takes on a roommate with the one man she has been avoiding since the first time she laid eyes on him.
Damon Johnson loves a challenge, and he is not the type of man to back down when he wants something. From the first moment he meets Gail for dinner, he feels an inexplicable pull between the two of them. In his determination to have her, he finds himself helping her in any way he can.
Can Damon break through all the barriers Gail has so carefully placed around her heart and prove that he’s different? Or will Gail’s reservations keep her from falling in love?
One thought could change everything.
Amazon || Barnes and Noble
The 1st book, Beautiful Chances, will be free Monday – Friday on Amazon
~A Beautiful Thought Teaser~
My nerves were now out of control with anticipation of seeing Damon for the first time since meeting him at Pearl’s party.
A waitress appeared at my side. “What can I get you to drink, hon?”
I rotated to face her, and I chose the first drink that came to the front of my mind. “A screwdriver, please.”
“Going right for the good stuff.” She grinned. “Give me just a few, and I’ll be back.”
“Sure. Thank you.”
Within minutes, the waitress promptly returned with my drink. I sipped on it while watching the baseball game on a flat screen hanging from the ceiling. Oh-so slowly, the tension in my body dulled. At least, that was the case until the second my eyes caught sight of Damon striding through the front double doors. He was wearing a white collared dress shirt with the sleeves cuffed at his forearms. His dark denim jeans had a light-colored stitching.
My pulse pumped uncontrollably as he approached the same woman at the front counter, and he offered her a friendly smile. The young blonde briefly spoke to him before pointing my way.
Damon spun around, searching the crowd. When his eyes met mine, he revealed a heart-melting smile that defined the curve of his strong cheekbones. I was pretty sure my heart faltered for a few beats before kicking into an uneven rhythm. I forced myself to swallow deeply as he began to close the distance between us. His stride was composed, radiating strength and confidence. His brown hair was shorter than I remembered, and his tanned honey skin contrasted his soft blue eyes, making them appear calm and alluring. It was a strikingly hot mix.
I stood to greet him. My knees felt weak, but I ignored the sensation as I smiled shyly. “Hello, Damon.” I kept it short and sweet, so I could not lose control of my voice.
“Nice to see you again, Gail,” he replied, not missing a beat.
The deep throatiness of his tone sent awareness trickling down my spine. I resisted a shiver at the sound.
I gestured to the chairs adjacent to us. “Shall we?”
After taking our seats, my adrenaline kicked into overdrive. I didn’t have the slightest clue how to get this conversation rolling, so I began with something simple. “Would you care for something to eat or drink?”
“Sure.” He glanced down at my drink, and then back up at me. A mischievous grin revealed itself within his expression, making my heart stutter. “I see you already got started without me.”
I shrugged, going for innocence. “Liquid courage and all…” I trailed off, realizing that was probably too honest of a response.
His eyes shimmered, and the corner of his mouth slightly twitched with humor. “Not a bad way to go,” he teased.
I had to laugh. “That’s what I thought.”
~Ten Facts about “The Beautiful Series”~
- A Beautiful Thought is a heartfelt story of finding love when you least expect it. Gail came to me, struggling to find a way to continue helping her sister Caroline. And throughout The Beautiful Series, Damon Johnson has always had this dominant yet caring persona about him. He finds himself wanting to help Gail every step of the way. What he doesn’t expect is the unexplainable pull he feels toward her. Can Damon break through all the barriers Gail has so carefully placed around her heart and prove that he’s different? Or will Gail’s reservations keep her from falling in love? One thought could change everything.
- Beautiful Chances, My Beautiful, and Beautiful Dreams are the first three novels in the series, all revolving around Kyle Madison and Lily Tidsdale. Lily came to me instantly, but her heart was damaged and fragile. Kyle suddenly invaded my thoughts, wanting to protect and comfort her in his possessive, overbearing ways. He was perfect for my Lily. They complemented one another’s strengths and weaknesses. Their story is one of healing a broken soul as the heart finds true love, yet battles against the fear of loss.
- Beautiful Ties is a heartwarming, standalone novel of a woman, Abbey Madison, who builds a friendship with a young, neighborhood girl, Pearl. Their friendship quickly blossoms into a loving relationship. All the while, Abbey meets the man of her dreams, and she finds herself being tested between balancing her love between Jason and Pearl.
- Blake Johnson, Jason Johnson, and Damon Johnson are all brothers as well as cousin’s to Lily Madison. Abbey Madison is Kyle’s younger sister.
- The Beautiful Series tells a story of a family growing alongside one another as each person finds their own way in life. Will they each discover who they were meant to be with in life?
- Blake, Jason, Damon, and Kyle form tight bonds in their friendships together as Lily, Abbey, Gail, and Audrey also share the same fate.
- Beautiful Chances is based in Sanibel Island, FL. The rest of the series is based in Lake Tahoe, CA.
- Each of the couples story can be read as a series or a standalone. As of now, there will be six stories in The Beautiful Series. However, this may change J
- “A Beautiful Thought”, Damon & Gail’s story, will release on July 14, 2014. “A Beautiful Purpose, Blake & Audrey’s story, will release on August 26, 2014.
- The Beautiful Series order:
- “Beautiful Chances” – Book One – Kyle & Lily
- “My Beautiful” – Book Two – Kyle & Lily
- “Beautiful Dreams” – Book Three – Kyle & Lily
- “Beautiful Ties” – Book Four – Jason & Abbey (Standalone)
- “A Beautiful Thought” – Book Five – Damon & Gail – releasing July 14, 2014 (Standalone)
- “A Beautiful Purpose” – Book Six – Blake & Audrey – releasing August 26, 2014 (Standalone)
~ From the bottom of my heart, thank you for taking the time to read my novels, and supporting me on this incredible journey. I hope you enjoy The Beautiful Series as much as I love writing it. <3 Alicia Rae
~About the Author~
Alicia Rae is a Contemporary Romance Author who lives in Dekalb, Illinois, with her husband and three beautiful boys. Alicia has a passion for reading all types of romance, writing to bring a story to life, and photography.
Thank you to my dear sister, Kels, who showed me a few years ago how much I truly missed reading. And to my loving husband, for not throwing away my Nook, and planting the seed of writing into my mind. I am forever grateful. Xo
Readers, words cannot thank you enough for supporting me along this incredible journey. I hope you enjoy my novels as much as I do writing them. I thank each and every one of you.
Believe in yourself and follow your dreams…
Connect with the Author: Facebook | Twitter | Blog | Goodreads