The Creative Journal
for the Inspirationally Challenged
By Monica Corwin & Decadent Kane
It is a truth universally acknowledged that any writer, in possession of a beautiful idea, will have a bad day and need to mainline caffeine. Ok well, maybe not, but as writers ourselves we know that everyone has good and bad days. The most important thing is that you keep writing.
Monica Corwin’s Top Ten Reasons to Read a Book:
- The cheapest way to travel. I mean…imagine how much it would cost if you had to lug it the long way to Narnia…
- Improves your memory. If you’re like me and can barely remember your own name you will realize the amount of reading I do just keeps me even and not a human potato.
- The Avengers told me to…
- Books do a many wonderful things for the mind including: better sleep, mental sharpness, depression relief, etc.
- The books are always better than the movies…we all know it.
- Books are just pretty. On the shelf, in your hand, on the floor, with a cat, in a hat. They are beautiful no matter how or where they are.
- They also smell good…it should be bottled…
- Every book you read is a life you get to live and be a part of!
- The more you read the more books that authors will write…unless you’re George R. R. Martin in which he does what he wants.
- Finally…those we read are kinder! (It’s science!)
Monica Corwin is an outspoken writer who attempts to make romance accessible to everyone no matter their preferences. As a new Northern Ohioian Monica enjoys snow drifts, three seasons of weather, and disliking Michigan. When not writing Monica spends time with her daughter and her ever growing collection of tomes about King Arthur.
Decadent Kane, author of the trouble with elves series, writes paranormal romance with heat. She lives in Wyoming with a full house: 3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 guinea pig, 1 rat, 2 kids, and 1 fiance.
An elfess in human form, Decadent enjoys dipping her fingers into the human realm where she took pen to paper and began the tales of the trouble with elves. Her obsessions include reading, Dean Winchester, and honey.
She will devour your soul with glimpses of the feral ridden drow elves, with their dark skin and soul consuming. She’ll sneak morsels of naughty thoughts to you via goblins, and seduce you into stepping inside the elven realm where females disappear when lust takes over among other elfish troubles.
Beware the sprites.
Follow the wisps.
But never look a drow elf king in the eyes…
Social Media Links