The Woman Behind the Smile Book Blitz @LovingtheBook
Many of us have something, something we’re hiding, something we’re ashamed of, something that through no fault of our own or through our own making, something that we keep hidden and that, in turn, keeps us hidden, from each other and the world.
How I Lost a Million Dollars on a Dating Service could be the title of this book but “The Woman Behind the Smile” is so much more than a “Catfish” story – a term used to refer to someone who creates a false online persona to reel someone into a romantic relationship. Many people are looking to online dating as a way to get back into real life after the death of a spouse, divorce or a failed relationship. We paint ourselves as the “perfect partner” with a profile that reflects our life’s story, or does it? In “The Woman Behind the Smile”, Debby shows how during much of her life she hid behind the mask of being the perfect wife, mother, Air Force Officer, banker, legal assistant and friend – until life was completely changed by “The Call.” The subsequent rebuilding of her life would include a journey only seen on Lifetime Movie Channel! Like Debby, we all have some hidden stories and like her, it’s now time for us to STAND UP in our power.
- Walks (hand in hand) with my hubby.
- Surrounding myself with my kids and playing with my 3 grandchildren.
- Sitting around with my parents and brothers (and their families) and just talking!
- Swimming with the dolphins out in the bay in Hawaii (just did that!).
- Having a quiet evening at home with my hubby.
- Speaking to a group of women about subjects I’m passionate about!
- Doing a random act of kindness.
- Baking chocolate chip cookies (with butterscotch chips and Health Bar crunch chips).
- Organizing my house (de-cluttering!).
- Reading – scriptures, spy books, women’s stories.