10 Things You Didn’t Know About Wicked
by Jillian Kleine Der Löwe
- The book is based on dreams that I’ve had, starting when I was 11 years old in 1991. However, I added my own voice to it and turned into into a comedy. The dreams were very emotastik.
- I’m a medium, psychic, psychopomp, shaman and walker between worlds. I first astral projected in 1991, around the same time that the dreams started. I’ve actually communicated with all of the spirits in my book. I portrayed them all as accurate as possible. I don’t honestly know how I’ve had the time to astral project with everything else that I have going on in my life. I especially knew that I had to get Luc right, because he had such a bad (and very undeserved) reputation. I told him that I’m his new PR girl… He agreed. He’s just way too introverted to set the record straight himself. That’s where I come in. I think that part of him has a little chip on his shoulder because of the way he’s been perceived by others and he’s secretly grown to love the “part” he plays because he’s a bit naughty and does really enjoy pushing the envelope.
- The character of Ace is an amalgam of many female spirits that all have similar playful energies.
- The name of my main character, Sev, is the given name of a daughter that my husband and I had during a past life. The name given to Sev at the time of her birth, Princess Aubreana Fáid-Nuada, was my name during my very first past life. My younger brother in this life, was my twin brother during that life, Prince Írael Fáid-Nuada. He and I are still incredibly close and still share the same bond we had then.
- Much of the back story in my series, is based on events that actually occurred during mine and my husbands past lives. We’re lucky enough to remember all of them… The good, the bad and the ugly… Since all of that shaped us into the glorious people we are.
- Wicked is first and foremost a comedy.
- I listened to lots of gothic punk while writing Wicked. Mostly the Sisters of Mercy and the NIGHTCHILD.
- The song on my book trailer was done by the NIGHTCHILD specifically for Wicked.
- I designed the cover for Wicked and wrote all of the advertising copy myself. A few of my friends in publishing evaluated everything for me and they were blown away.
- People have responded very well to my characterization of Luc. Even very conservative Christians have e-mailed me saying things like, “Even Lucifer deserves redemption. Thank you for helping me see him in a new light.”
Jillian Kleine Der Löwe, originally dreamt of being a time traveler… Either that or the Supreme Empress of the whole entire bloody Universe. Since, those jobs are not yet available until she defies the laws of physics… She’s settled with being an author…
She is oft described as the bastard love child of Douglas Adams and Monty Python. She is the author of the bestselling Seven Deadly Sins series. She is a writer by day and (not your average) space cadet by night. With many years of experience in publishing she decided that the time had finally come for her to publish the novel which she had always dreamt of writing. With a steady supply of tea streaming through her veins, she enthusiastically and excitedly battles each day passionately crafting stories, one chapter at a time equipped with only her sarcasm and wit!
She lives with her adoring husband Michael (whom she has somehow managed to remain madly in love and enamored with after eleven years) and their three mischievous albeit cute feline minions: Behb, Girlie and Skittles.
She is currently writing Lured, the second novel in the Seven Deadly Sins series.